I’ll be making a post on how you can get one of these soon. :)
Recent additions worth mentioning!
#excited to see how moyocco’s influence will change eva’s world view
So earlier today, instead of leaving the office for lunch—I left the office to pick up my prints for MoCCA this weekend. Once I got back to my office, one of co-workers asks to see them…
After seeing Jacinda The Knife, he kinda forced me to sell him one on the spot, refusing to wait until MoCCA to buy one. Jacinda shows up a bit later in the story and she’s already popular! I can’t wait for MoCCA 2014
Just thought I’d let everyone know in case you missed the first announcement that this weekend I will be at the Mocca Arts Festival 2014, for the debut of my project, Part Time Shuffle with Episode 00 - [R e a s o n s ] - and some other goodies as well! Stop by and see what’s up if you’re in the area!
And yep…this is my obligatory convention seating post! Hope you can find me ok!
Check out this early review of Episode 00 from Part Time Shuffle!
Steady raindrops kiss siring hot pavement. The scent of burning memories pierce the night air. A haunting voice beckons a weary soul. Dazed and soaking wet, she grips her weapon tighter with each step. There, within the inferno, a familiar smile. An eager blade yearns for soft flesh.
Get in your stride and enjoy the ride.
Ready your body for Part-Time Shuffle!
Art/Design – James Stanley …
I know I’ve been pretty absent on Tumblr for the past few weeks but it’s with good reason so hear me out :)
It feels weird being able to say this since I’ve been working on it for so long but I’m pleased to announce that Part Time Shuffle ( Episode 00: “R e a s o n s ” ) will be making its initial debut at the Society of Illustrators’ MoCCA Arts Festival 2014 on April 5-6 at 128 East 63rd Street, NYC.
If you can make it out, it’d be totes awesome because MoCCA is really fun in general and it would be nice to connect and re-connect with some of you again!
The obligatory seating status post will come closer to the weekend of MoCCA!
For now…here’s the cover for the premier issue! Lines/Design - Me Colors - Leonardo Bruno
I look forward to seeing everyone there that can make it!
Listening to The Victoria’s during a break from organzing PTS layouts for MoCCA. ” Concorde” is a dope track. I can’t determine whether Funk LeBlanc’s rework is better than the original. I like both equally though.
Favourite animators: Mitsuo Iso (磯光雄) and his work on the End of Evangelion
- Mitsuo Iso is known for his jerky yet detailed animation, full of dense sophisticated motion. He refers to his own style as “full limited" or "full 3-frame". In traditional animation, animation with a drawing count below one drawing every two frames (or "on twos") is considered limited animation. Working on threes and fours, Iso draws every keyframe without passing his work to an in-betweener, allowing him full control to create the most detailed motion possible with the fewest number of drawings, hence the term "full limited". (wikipedia)
- Introduction to Mitsuo Iso’s style
- Sakuga: The Animation of Anime pt.7 - Mitsuo Iso and New Realism
- More scenes animated by Mitsuo Iso: part 1, part 2, the fight from EoE
- List of anime he’s worked on + sakuga wiki
- He also wrote and directed the 2007 anime series “Dennō Coil”
the way asuka swings that blade with such weight, the scale of this sequence and the way the trees and ground are destroyed that’s the stuff that haunts my dreams. I think this particular sequence, Iso’s stuff, is so deeply imbedded in how i think about large-scale action & fights like this in my own work.
Mitsuo Iso is so incredible!