Listening to The Victoria’s during a break from organzing PTS layouts for MoCCA. ” Concorde” is a dope track. I can’t determine whether Funk LeBlanc’s rework is better than the original. I like both equally though.
Favourite animators: Mitsuo Iso (磯光雄) and his work on the End of Evangelion
- Mitsuo Iso is known for his jerky yet detailed animation, full of dense sophisticated motion. He refers to his own style as “full limited" or "full 3-frame". In traditional animation, animation with a drawing count below one drawing every two frames (or "on twos") is considered limited animation. Working on threes and fours, Iso draws every keyframe without passing his work to an in-betweener, allowing him full control to create the most detailed motion possible with the fewest number of drawings, hence the term "full limited". (wikipedia)
- Introduction to Mitsuo Iso’s style
- Sakuga: The Animation of Anime pt.7 - Mitsuo Iso and New Realism
- More scenes animated by Mitsuo Iso: part 1, part 2, the fight from EoE
- List of anime he’s worked on + sakuga wiki
- He also wrote and directed the 2007 anime series “Dennō Coil”
the way asuka swings that blade with such weight, the scale of this sequence and the way the trees and ground are destroyed that’s the stuff that haunts my dreams. I think this particular sequence, Iso’s stuff, is so deeply imbedded in how i think about large-scale action & fights like this in my own work.
Mitsuo Iso is so incredible!
Still a Mc wip-wip but yeah. I kinda passed out in front of my computer. Meetings most of the day in another state and coming back to work to finish out the day can be killer—I need Calorie Mate lol.
An interview with the Creators/Producers of the popular Black Dynamite: The Animated series on Adult swim. Season 2 on it’s way this year! SUUUEEEYYY!!!!!!
India from My Natural Sistas
I can watch this for hours..
Kinda mesmerized by this right now…yep.
Kinda in this instance means, completely and utterly consumed by with no chance of my sensual and sincere attraction to be broken.
I just… #feels
This is one of many reasons why I love Anno.
About Marilyn Monroe :
“I owe Marilyn Monroe a real debt …. she personally called the owner of the Mocambo, and told him she wanted me booked immediately, and if he would do it, she would take a front table every night …. The owner said yes, and Marilyn was there, front table, every night. The press went overboard. After that, I never had to play a small jazz club again. She was an unusual woman – a little ahead of her times. And she didn’t know it.” - Ella Fitzgerald
Hope to see you peeps at MoCCA. Shit is going down.
Rocking the Kanye West parody from Just Kidding Films while I’m lettering.
Bart,Geo, Ricky, and Jo straight killed it. Shit’s hella lulz.
Check it here!